Wednesday, February 11, 2009

sleepless nights

Haven't had this problem in a long time! Actually have been sleeping well lately, almost too well, nodding off by 8:00, getting up early and actually being coherent on the drive to work. Heck I've been getting to work by 6:00 am!!!!! That's a whole hour early from what I had been coming in just a few months ago.

A few nights ago, I had this dream where I was driving my truck and could not get it to stop. I was backing down a driveway in a cul de sac that was on a hill and I had no brakes. Both of my feet were stomping on the brake pedal and I was still rolling. I hate that feeling. Reminds me of backing a boat down a ramp to the lake or river and it sliding/rolling because the cement is wet.

Mentioned that to a co-worker yesterday and she said it's probably because my mind has been on go for too long. Sure I'm sleeping, but my mind is working, figuring things out, yes, work has been a tad stressful with figuring out what to do with the dogs during our construction.

Last night, I actually stayed up until 9:30 before falling asleep, was going to try to sleep in a bit and get to work by 6:30 instead of 6:00. Something woke Moji up and he decided he had to go outside.

Went back to bed and the silence was deafening. Tossed and turned, the cat tried to cuddle, but he was tickling me with his whiskers. Moji cuddled up behind me and I should have fallen asleep with that.

NOPE, brain was working on OT again. Started thinking of components for this new review that we have to write out by March--the end of March! So, got up and wrote down those thoughts, sent them off to work and have been on the computer since then.

Texted hubby who is in Las Vegas, figuring he'd still be up...he's not. Chatted with a co-worker on Facebook for a bit.

Well, it's now 3:15, I really should wrap this up and try to get back to bed before the lovely alarm bell goes off at 4:30.

No comments: