Sunday, February 8, 2009

Spring Cleaning

After spending an awesome day on Saturday, enjoying friendship, horses and the sun on my face, it was time to get busy and clean house.

I just love the smell of laundry that has been hung out on the line to dry, it smells so fresh. I washed all of our bedding and let the wind and sun, well, what little sun we did have to dry it.

Caught the ponies sleeping in the sun. They were dozing pretty hard for me to walk up on them all the way from the house, across the crunchy ground and get their pictures.
Still dozing, camera is zoomed all the way out through my chainlink fence. Moji started barking in the house and woke AJ up. AJ had to wander over to see just what I was doing. Well, that got Cora up but she had to get a good roll in before getting up.
Ahhh, let's get this itchy spot behind my ear......

ooooh, now my neck and back......
uuuugh, getting uuuuuuuppp...

shaking it all out......
Goober boy just stood there watching both of us wondering where his treat was or something.....
look at all that mud I have to groom off now...............

My Dad called a couple of weeks ago and said he was coming down for a few days. Great, that means that I’ve got to vacuum, dust and clean the spare bedroom. Started cleaning the house and jumping on the laundry Saturday night, didn’t really have anything better to do since Mike is gone yet again.

I also got the paddock cleaned before the next storm/freeze cycle. Sure got an upper body workout lifting wet poo and dumping the sled after it was full. Still need to weigh it to see just how much weight I am lifting and tipping over. I can tell you that those piles are starting to mount up in the woods. Sure, I have a spreader, but you can only spread so much before it starts to get too deep.

AJ was much better today when I worked him. I ended up riding him bareback with just his halter on. Did figure 8’s, backing, turning, avoiding Cora. He acted up just a tad but, but we worked through it too. His back is really really starting to fill out.

No comments: